Making a microwave mug cake is so easy and simple. Within minutes you will have a sweet treat.
Here is some good news – this chocolate mug cake recipe is made with good for you ingredients, so you can indulge when you want and not feel guilty.
Over the past few months, I have cut processed sugar out of my diet. I am going to admit to you, this was hard for me to do. I love having a sweet treat at night while watching television or reading a good book.
Finding this recipe has made me so happy. For one thing, I can make an individual serving and not have to worry about a big cake sitting around the house that will tempt me. Another thing I love about this cake in a mug recipe is that is can easily be changed up.
You need to make this microwave mug cake!
We don’t always use the microwave because it isn’t the safest way to cook your food, but like in most areas of life we believe in balance. Sometimes you just need a quick fix for your sweet tooth. Plus this recipe is fun for the kids to join in on!
With a couple of changes to the original recipe, I was able to make this cake in a mug recipe healthy:
- I used white wheat flour instead of bleached flour
- I used honey instead of sugar
- I used unsweetened applesauce instead of oil (You could use coconut oil if you prefer)
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 Tablespoon whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened applesauce
- ½ Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- Add the dry ingredients in ceramic mug and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg, milk, applesauce and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Microwave for approximately 3 minutes. Cake should puff up and bake throughout.
- Cool and serve.
Want to add a few things to your cake in a mug recipe? Here is a list of easy add-ons:
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Nuts (think walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)
- Coconut, unsweetened
- Whipped cream made from coconut milk
If you children enjoy getting in the kitchen, this is a great recipe for them to make. If you are using small cups, I would suggest letting them mix the ingredients in a bowl and then pouring the batter into a cup. Younger children should not take the mug out of the microwave, they are very hot.
Are your the wheels in your brain rolling? It would be fun to create a microwave mug cake bar. Set out all of the ingredients you think would be great on or in your chocolate mug cake and let your kids (both big and small) choose their own additions or toppings.
Grab your FREE 4 Day Detox
You will be receiving a file with your 4 day DETOX soon. Be on the lookout!